Monday, May 14, 2007

Our Mother's Day Gifts

For our Mothers for Mother's Day this year, we got them a matching jewelry box and picture frame. As most people know that know me, I love pink and was drawn to these shiny gifts. Dan and I tried to determine if we thought them as teenager-ish... but I said that I loved them and they were in the "mother's day gift section" of a nice store.... so they're probably okay. I just love sparkly things... and these were both that and pink! Yay! :)


We celebrated Mother's day with my mother on Saturday, actually, when she, I, my sister and her friend went to Seattle and saw "Celtic Woman". It was absolutely amazing!! I have never heard women's voices sound like that! A truly enjoyable experience. We started our evening with dinner at Olive Garden (my favroite!), where I gave my mom her gift. I also gave her a framed 5 x 7 of Keturah's First Black and white image that most of you (AND ME TOO!) liked the most.... as well as 4 x 6s and wallets of the other shots. It was a fun, but very long evening. I wasn't too impressed with the WaMu Theater... but I guess it's not always set up like a theater... the seating was like collapsable padded bleachers... just not what I expected. But it got the job done. My favorite singer was Chloe, she was amazing!! ... which makes me love that name even more! I have to tell my sweet friend Charrissa that I may also steal that name if the Lord gives me another daughter. WAIT..... that would mean that we would have two children with the same name.... hmmmm.... :(... **sigh** probably need to find my own name now. Hee hee.

Then we went to see Dan's family yesterday and have dinner with them. We were also celebrating all of the birthdays that are in the months of April and May. We gave his mom her gift then. We stayed for their evening services and sang a duet for the special music. A very busy day.

I'm thinking that things will now slow down this week... I would like to get some things planted, get some more yardwork done... make a ton of hair bows... we'll see. Of course, I was telling Joy last night that if I just have a nervous breakdown, that nothing will be expected of me ever, because people will just talk in hushed voices around me about how I "snapped" one day and will avoid me not wanting to "set me off" again....haha... sounding better by the minute! LOL Just kidding of course!

Being around family is often stressful for me, and I was reading in Psalms this morning, chapter 144 and was reminded about being happy. I also saw these verses in chapter 142, when David was in the cave, and was reminded that we all feel stressed at times by those around us. :)


Psa 142:3 When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, then thou knewest my path. In the way wherein I walked have they privily laid a snare for me.
Psa 142:4 I looked on my right hand, and beheld, but there was no man that would know me: refuge failed me; no man cared for my soul.
Psa 142:5 I cried unto thee, O LORD: I said, Thou art my refuge and my portion in the land of the living.
Psa 142:6 Attend unto my cry; for I am brought very low: deliver me from my persecutors; for they are stronger than I.
Psa 142:7 Bring my soul out of prison, that I may praise thy name: the righteous shall compass me about; for thou shalt deal bountifully with me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just realized that the frame matches her dress. There is a butterfly on her dress as well! Good eye for detail, Jenny!

Anonymous said...

Those are beautiful Mother's Day gifts, very dainty! I love doing gifts with photos...they mean a lot to people. :) racheldawn

Anonymous said...

Great gifts, Jenny! So precious, as are all your beautiful children. As far as the stress goes--you could always become a recluse, but I don't think seclusion suits you too well. ;) Hope you are having a more stress-free day today! Love, Jenny

Anonymous said...

WOO HOO! Way to go Josiah!! That is pretty wild you can ride your bike. :) You and Lauren can ride all day when we get back. :)
BEAUTIFUL boxes! What pretty gifts!