Friday, June 16, 2006

A Wonderful Birthday Party!

We had so much fun at our birthday party, adults included. I made an airplane cake, it was a double 13 x 9. It had grass on the top, a runway and sky where the planes would have taken off. We had 2 jets on the cake, one on the runway and another that was suspended on straws, beginning to take off. In the sky I made his initials with marshmallows to look like clouds. I put the candles along the runway to look like runway lights. It was fun! And it turned out great!

We had a good turnout of people for the party, Josiah was so excited. All that afternoon before the party he kept looking at the clock and saying that the time was going sooo slow! We served dinner also: hot dogs, polish sausages, macaroni salad, chips and juice.

The games were hilarious! Dan had the idea to play this balloon game. I had never heard of it, but I'm sure it's common. It's where you have a balloon tied to your ankle on a string, and you try to pop others' balloons while not getting your own popped. It was SOOOO funny! First we let the kids play, then the adults (or bigger kids) had to get in on it too. That was sooo funny. It was scary enough just seeing the kids go crazy with it, but we thought the adults were going to break things! Well, nothing got broken and no one got hurt. There were winners, there were losers and then there were sore losers. But it was the hardest I had laughed in a long time.

We also had printed out templates for paper airplanes and had the kids build them and see whose could fly the best. It was a lot of fun! Who knew publisher came with airplane templates? I wonder what else it comes with? 'Tis birthday season at our house so we're on to planning the next one!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved all three of your last posts! I have missed being able to catch up on things since we have been without a computer for a little while. Thanks for making me laugh & smile!! I can always count on you to make that happen. :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the party was a lot of fun. I always enjoy thinking up themes to go with parties. Tomorrow is Jacob's party - a Hawaiian theme. Have fun with your next party!

Karilee said...

Looks like Josiah had a great party! Wish we could've been there...sniff, sniff. The cake looked nice too. Was it your yummy chocolate cake?
It was also fun to see different angles of your house in the pictures, What are those turquoise things on your dining room wall?